Run 4 The City - 10 Hour Race and Relay
Date: Saturday, December 5, 2015
Time: 8am - 6pm
Relay Teams: $25 Per Runner (Up to 10 Runners per team)
Fundraising - Each team member will raise support for every mile run by their team. (A goal of $20 per team mile)
Where: 15300 University Boulevard, Sugar Land, TX 77479 (Lake Loop)
About this Event
- Run 4 the City is an ultra-endurance race and relay to raise funds for the ministry of LINC in the Houston metropolitan area.
- Relay teams will compete against each other to complete the most miles in 10 hours. Only one runner per team is allowed to log miles at a time.
- Each participant will receive a t-shirt and other swag.
- The aid station will have water, electrolyte drink and miscellaneous snacks.
- You are also encouraged to bring your own food, as you will be at the park for 10 hours.
- Our goal is to collectively raise $100,000 to help LINC Houston expand its ministry across the Houston metro area.
How Run 4 The City Started
On Oct. 12, 2013 Mark Junkans ran as many miles as he could in a 24 hour period to raise money for the Non-Profit Organization LINC Houston. He crossed the finish line at Trinity Lutheran Church Downtown after completing 119 miles. R4TC-2013 raised over $80,000 for local mission work.
In 2014, Mark ran a 200 mile route from Austin to Houston over the course of 5 days. He stopped at local schools and churches along the way to tell LINC's story and to inspire the younger generation to attempt great things for the Kingdom of God. R4TC-2014 raised almost $50,000 for local mission work and also helped Can Do Missions raise money for their work around the globe.
LINC Houston serves 60,000 individuals a year and helps to strengthen communities through community services, planting churches and developing grassroots leadership to meet the spiritual and physical needs of their own communities.